If there is someting you are not happy with?

Our aim is to ensure that all of our clients are satisfied with everything that we do for them.

But we know that sometimes things don’t go as expected and we welcome feedback positive or negative so that we can improve our services and work out how to do things better in future.

If you have a complaint to make, please tell the person you have been in contact with that you are not happy with the service provided as soon as possible. You can do this in person, by telephone, by email or in writing.  If they can deal with your complaint there and then, that is the quickest way to put things right.

If you are not happy with the response you receive, you should refer your complaint to the Manager responsible for that Branch or service. If you want to do this, we would ask that you set out your complaint in writing, either by e-mail or post.  This will allow us to keep a formal record of your complaint and to understand the grounds of your complaint in more detail – which will help us to respond promptly. We endeavour to solve issues if and when they arise and setting out the objective or resolution that you would wish to see would be very helpful.

If the relevant Manager is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, they will usually refer it to the Chief Executive as a matter of course, but you can also ask them to do so.

Where a complaint is referred to the Chief Executive, he will review all the documentation relating to the service we have provided so far and all communications in either direction. He may involve and/or consult other senior personnel in Pacitti Jones who have no prior involvement in providing the service that is the subject of your complaint.

He will reply in writing directly to you, usually by e-mail but by post if you prefer.

We recognise that Alternative Dispute Resolution Regulations have implemented EU law to promote alternative dispute resolution as a means of redress for consumers in relation to unsatisfactory services. We have chosen not to adopt a named ADR provider and any concerns over services should be addressed to the Chief Executive who will consider with you the suitability of ADR.

If you are not satisfied with the findings of our review and you and we do not agree to use ADR then you can refer your complaint to an independent body. Pacitti Jones is regulated by a number of independent bodies including the Law Society of Scotland, the Council of Letting Agents and the Financial Conduct Authority.  The nature of your complaint would determine which regulator is appropriate and we will advise you which body is relevant to your case should the need arise (Scottish Legal Complaints Commission is the single gateway for legal complaints).